Wednesday, October 31, 2007

More Pumpkin and Peppermint Brownies

I made the second pumpkin goodie on the list yesterday -- pumpkin date squares. Another recipe from epicurious found on the search for yummy pumpkin goodness. These were moist and less dense than expected. The dates added a nice chew to the texture, and the pecans added some crunch. I changed the recipe a bit -- I chopped the dates more than they recommended, but that was really it.




I had my Dorie Greenspan book at work again the other day so I asked Katie to look through it and find a recipe she wanted. She chose brownies with peppermint patties chopped up and added in. I tried a piece tonight and they are excellent. Her brownie recipes have been moist, dense, yummy -- who likes cakey brownies anyway? These ones have a nice counterbalance of peppermint, but the peppermint flavor is all from the patties -- no extracts -- which is nice.





I will post recipes if requested -- but not tonight because I have a video game to play. :)

No comments: