Friday, October 26, 2007

New blog location -- old posts to start

For a variety of reason I have switched my blog from myspace to blogger -- now we'll see if I can get better at taking pictures of my baking and writing about my various adventures. To get this blog started, two posts that were previously on myspace.

First cranberries!

It's fresh cranberry season! One of my favorite times of the year. I was so excited yesterday when I saw the bags of cranberries at Safeway that I snatched up four of them and immediately started plotting what I would bake. I have already made my favorite loaf of cranberry-orange bread... mmmm... yummy. I had some cranberries left over in the bag so I made a new recipe for a cranberry bread, but it was far inferior to the first one. It was so bad in fact that I threw the whole thing away. :(

The good loaf of Cranberry-Orange Bread from Beth Hensperger's The Best Quick Breads book:


I also made a divine and super easy cranberry upside down cake from my current favorite book: Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan:



Since my friends volunteered to sacrifice themselves by visiting my house to help me eat all of the goodies I made, I went a little crazy... in addition to the cake and bread, I made a shortbread cake with cranberry-orange jam filling courtesy of Dorie:


A pumpkin, cranberry, apple, ginger bundt cake courtesy of Dorie:



And, some coffee-flavored muffins that Chris said tasted like pancakes, courtesy of Dorie:

No comments: